American Lung Association in Nevada
SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER – Southern Nevada
The Special Event Manager is a full-time exempt position responsible for special events and development activities involving donors, participants, sponsors and corporations for the Las Vegas local office. This position also assists in management of the communications plan and marketing of the organization for the Southern Nevada market. Accountable to: Executive Director – Southern Nevada
- Implement strategies to create and build relationships with individuals and corporations to insure maximum participation in special events, acknowledge their involvement via major donor appreciation activities and increase partnerships with American Lung Association in Nevada.
- Manage all aspects of the three major Las Vegas area special events and other Las Vegas special events as they are developed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the American Lung Association’s mission and programs to promote the organizations fundraising, program and patient initiatives.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising events.
- Work with committees, committee chairs and ongoing committee recruitment for each and every special event.
- Implement sponsor retention and prospecting plans to increase sponsorship revenue for Special Events. Develop relationships with sponsors/donors to secure cash, in-kind donations and marketing benefits/partnerships for the Special Events.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising events, including: fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines and location of events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going special event including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction and overall success of the fundraiser.
- Act as an on-site manager during the fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolutions of problems.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools and key donors
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment pieces and promotional flyers, forms) to promote the fundraising event.
- Responsible for direction and leadership in training, marketing, volunteer development and prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Be involved in integrated fundraising processes and activities as assigned.
- Participate as a staff liaison with the Executive Director to the Board of Directors’ committees pertaining to fundraising.
- Understand and help implement the principles of mission related giving to include securing Board of Directors’ involvement in special events.
- Work with Communications resources to develop on-line special events information and giving opportunities.
- Maintain system to track and identify increased major donor activity.
- Ensure that all special events sponsors and donors are acknowledged according to established procedures.
- Assist as appropriate in other fundraising activities identified by supervisor.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Understand and follow budgetary guidelines
- Public speaking
- Must have vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- At least two years of professional fund-raising or specific related experience.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Computer literate – proficiency and experience in web platforms, social media, Database Management and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and as a valuable team member.
- Strong long term relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate the organization mission and convey its urgency.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of computers and software utilized by the association.
- Database management experience.
- Regular full-time and/or part-time employees are classified in these position descriptions as either exempt or non-exempt. Any staff member who disagrees with the classification of his/her position should notify his/her immediate supervisor or the Director of Human Resources. Also, if any staff member feels that the Fair Labor standards Act is not being followed by the ALASW, violations should be reported immediately to his/her immediate supervisor or the Director of Human Resources.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and salary history to email@example.com . Open until filled.